Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy-- Main US website
Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy -- International website in English
Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy -- CMSWR
Sister Faustina's congregation, which should be familiar to many of you. If you don't know the Divine Mercy Chaplet it is easily found all over the web. I started praying it because one of my fellow bloggers recommended it.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts and internationally
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy..."
Founded 1862, Active
- To cooperate with the Mercy of God in the work of rescuing of lost souls.
- Coming to know the Mystery of Divine Mercy and its contemplation in everyday life
- The attitude of trusting in God and showing mercy toward neighbor
- Love for the Church and the charism of shedding light on the Mystery of Divine Mercy
- Love for the Eucharist
- Devotion to Our Lady of Mercy
"Mercy has always been the central theme of the congregation's spirituality. From the very beginnings the sisters cooperated with God's mercy in saving lost souls by extending spiritual and educational care to wayward girls and women in need of deep moral conversion and renewal. These women found a refuge and safe haven in our "Mercy Houses" where they could reform their lives and learn various trade skills. They could stay in the Mercy House as long as they wished or reintegrate themselves into society whenever they felt ready to do so."
In addition to their other ministries, they engage in prayer and sacrifice using the new forms of devotion to Divine Mercy:
- Feast of Mercy
- The Image of the Divine Mercy
- The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy
- The Hour of Mercy – 3:00 p.m.
- The Spreading of the Divine Mercy devotion
- Daily Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament
- Monthly Masses in Honor of the Divine Mercy
Devotions: Eucharistic Adoration daily, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Hour of Mercy; Feast of Mercy
Spirituality: Mary, Mother of Mercy; Traditional Habit
Apostolates (in the United States): Work with men and women in prison; Provide prayer and consolation to those in nursing homes; Evangelization/Catechisis; Media
# Professed Sisters: 8 in USA; they do have others in formation in the United States; internationally they are numerous
Age of Entrance: 18-35
Belated Vocations?: No
Contact: Sister Donata Farbaniec, O.L.M.
The Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy
241 Neponset Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02122
E-Mail: Sisters of Mercy
Check this out: They offer a number of books, audio material, and so forth at their gift shop. I could not get there by the link on their first page, but this link will take you there. All proceeds go to support the Sisters in Boston.
The Hour of Mercy explained (I hope it is explained correctly)
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy in Song